Thursday 29 May 2014

#BabaWhileYouWereAway



Baba while you were away, I read the Animal Farm. I read to establish how it can be used as a case study text for teaching organizational behavior. And Baba, I realized it can work. 

Baba I plan to use it soon, looking at Manor Farm as an organisation that is going through leadership change then analyze the different opportunities and challenges it goes through.

But Baba I must say, as I read it, I felt like you and Snowball are one and the same. I felt like you were there when Major dreamt of the revolution, or perhaps you dreamt it with him. I have no doubt you were one of the most intelligent of the pigs and that even as Major was dying he was not disappointed to see you pick up the baton.

Baba, I must say, you and Napoleon were doing a good job after Major's death. Actually Baba, I give you tribute for dreaming about the windmill. That was your idea, and it was a perfect one. 

But now Baba let me tell you where you have been failing. You have been lacking tactic. Either for the present or the future. For instance, let me ask you, how could you not see that as you were dreaming about the windmill, Napoleon, was thinking about how to oust you for being a worthy competitor. Behold he fed the puppies, as you continued dreaming. When they were fully grown beasts, he used them for the second revolution - against you. 

Baba, you should have thought of practical leadership tactics. Not dreaming only. 

Now Baba, and this is where I think you are Snowball proper. Everything that goes wrong at the Animal Farm, it is you who has caused it. Oh my, I want to laugh. Even when the female gender can't conceive because the male gender isn't playing its role at the farm, it is you. 

Baba, you are such an enigma. But look, you don't go beyond that. Enigma. Baba, think a little bit smatter. Think tactically. Learn how to look for your own version of the puppies, feed them for heaven's sake and use them to gain control of the Animal Farm.

Mean while, Animal Farm is on its way to becoming Manor Farm, where it started. I would have wished to see you in control. But again, you are Snowball. You are nowhere. You were ousted a long time ago. What we live with is the fear of your ghost.

Still, welcome back, Baba. While you were away, I read Animal Farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment