Monday 19 May 2014

If the world gives you a lemon, don't pick it...



I am sure you have heard of the statement, "if the world gives you a lemon, make lemonade out of it." So wrongly overused is this statement that I am of the view it has contributed to the crash of a number of us. 

So today I am talking to you requesting for your support to trash it. After all it should have no place in our lives.

When life gives you a lemon, you should not make lemonade out of it. You should give it back its lemon, and demand for something better. Demand for an orange or an apple. Or just anything, even a water melon, but don't accept the lemon. It is not what you deserve.

I am of the view that accepting to make lemonade out of the lemon is to resign to fate. It is to say either consciously or unconsciously, "oh poor me there is nothing I can do about it. Let me accept and move on." 

Well, I am not talking about denying reality. To do so would be to refuse that in life "shit happens." And we all agree that it happens.

What we therefore need to realize is that when the above happens it falls us from our revered position. It takes us a scale or several scales down from the glory that we are. Once this happens life then feels superior in giving us lemons and by accepting them we accept to do nothing to return to our previous positions.

I am writing to ask you to refuse those lemons. I repeat, you don't deserve a lemon. You deserve an orange or something better. Even a pawpaw. 

By refusing to pick the lemon, for the lemonade, you are asking yourself, "what did I do for the world to think I deserve a lemon?" You are asking yourself, "what can I do to go back to my original position?" Ultimately, you are reminding yourself of the need to pick up your pieces and going back to your original position.

A number of us have been resigning to fate every time we are faced with challenges in life. We keep on accepting lemons and consequently we have been making gallons after gallons of lemonade. This is not good. It needs to change.

I am writing to light up your recovery path. I am writing to wish you something better than a lemon in your life. 

But I implore you to remind the world you don't deserve a lemon. If it gives you one, don't pick it, hit it on its face with it and ask for what you deserve.   

1 comment:

  1. Nice Piece... let me just mention that,

    I concur that it is not right to settle as easily.

    Giving up should never be an option but if you can make lemonades out of lemons go ahead... somehow you would have made your situation better.

    ReplyDelete